Friday, April 27, 2012

Buying a Kindle outside USA - Asia, Singapore

How to buy a Kindle outside USA, in my case Singapore

Here are the steps I use to purchase one in Singapore. Do note that Amazon doesn't officially support Kindles in Asia or outside USA. There are instances where buyers were found to be not from 'authorised countries' and their accounts were disabled. Your mileage may vary. Caveat Emptor. Other than that, things have worked really well for many local Kindle users.


  • Create an Amazon account if you don't already have one.
  • Go to the Kindle page and buy yourself a Kindle. It will be automatically linked to your Amazon account. I prefer the 3G+WiFi version. The added 3G can come handy as AT&T is available in Singapore and it works well with my surfing, i've also verified with Amazon that we don't pay for the 3G traffic, but i've yet to see if the bill actually comes. lol. which means, we get free 3G surfing on the Kindle.
  • Ship it to a third party mail forwarder such as Comgateway (go to 'get my US address') is easy to use. I've my kindle delivered to me without any hassle. They use DHL which allow you to track the delivery status of your parcel.
  • When you get your Kindle, you need to register it if it hasn't already been registered. After connecting to wifi at home>settings, register it by filling in your Amazon username and password at "home>settings>register".

Start ordering yours here:



And get your eBook here:
:

1 comment: